Affordable Housing for All

We fight to keep you housed. (Translations will be updated on this page shortly)

We are stakeholders in an emerging community land trust. JEPWA is the newest community land trust to join the LA-CLTN (Community Land Trust Network). We fight to keep you housed and we fight for the future of housing. If you’re threatened with eviction, we can assist you immediately. We can also assist you with landlord harassment, housing discrimination, uninhabitable living conditions, etc..

Resources (information in Korean about covid-19 relief

Dial 311 for Los Angeles city services

Dial 211 for Los Angeles County services

Resources for seniors including free home repairs (small repairs, nothing major)

Resources for Seniors

Korean American Nonprofits

Korean Senior Center (temporarily closed, but they offer free Korean meals to seniors when they are open.)

Koreatown Immigrant Workers Alliance

Workers Rights. If you have issues at work such as unpaid wages.


Koreatown Youth & Community Center

EDD, Taxes, Mental Health, Family Services, Youth Services.


KHEIR Health and Medical Clinics

Korean Health, Education, Information and Research Center

Patient Resources 213-427-4000

Korean American Family Services

Services in Korean and other Asian languages

Domestic issues and abuse, Family issues 213-389-6755

Korean Shelters

There are two small shelters operated by Korean American faith based organizations. One is multiethnic and houses men, women, and youth. The other is for older or senior Korean men. Please contact us for more information. They are both located in Koreatown.

Government sites for information and assistance (LA City, LA County, and California state (sites are updated frequently because of covid-19)

Stay Housed Los Angeles (LA City)

한국어로 도움이 필요하시면 833-225-9415 로 전화하세요

Google Doc with up to date information about eviction moratoriums and tenant protections by city or municipality

LAHD- City of Los Angeles Housing Department for LA City residents

Information, resources, assistance programs, file complaints, etc

Los Angeles County

Housing is Key (California State rent and utilities relief for tenants and landlords)

Complaints: It is important to report and document unsafe living conditions and habitability issues, you must complain and keep documentation of the process. This will be covered in detail in chapter 2

HCID (L.A. Housing + Community Investment Department)

RSO (rent stabilization ordinance buildings), rent controlled units

322 or file a complaint online

L.A. DBS Department of Building Services (Building safety and codes)

Alterations without proper permits, certificates of occupancy (how the building may be used), history of permits and inspections for a building

311 or report a code violation online

LA County Health Department (Environmental Safety)

Mold, pests, vermin, lead, plumbing, electrical, structural, lack of hot/cold water, trash accumulation 

888-700-9995 or file a complaint online

Property information 

Property search, find out if your unit is rent controlled (RSO)

Find out who currently owns a property by emailing (be sure to include the Assessor’s I.D. number and address of the property you’re investigating).

Property information

Property search portal

Legal Assistance

Start here —> Korean language information available

Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles

Apply in Korean for legal aid 

1550 W 8th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017

(800) 399-4529 press 3 for Korean

Eviction Defense Network (free information and sliding scale legal representation)

1930 Wilshire Blvd, #208, Los Angeles 90057

213-385-8112 (Korean translators available)

Los Angeles Incubator Consortium (low-bono/pro-bono legal aid, small number of Korean speaking attorneys, also assists commercial renters on a case by case basis)

Maria Hall,

Tel: 323-741-2950

Public Counsel Pro-bono legal assistance for low-income residents and immigrants. A range of legal assistance, not limited to housing. Korean translators available. Inquiries can be made online.

610 South Ardmore Avenue

Los Angeles, CA 90005

Tel: (213) 385-2977

The Collective for Liberatory Lawyering New nonprofit addressing the school to prison pipeline. Korean translators possible.

Inner City Law

1309 E 7th St, Los Angeles  90021

 (213) 891-2880

Affordable Housing and Housing for High Risk People (We must demand services and applications in Korean and other languages)

Spanish/English Tenants Union in Koreatown


Call/Text: (213) 640-6970

Housing Authority of Los Angeles

2600 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles 90057 · Phone: (213) 252-2500

Los Angeles Homeless Service Authority

Get help for yourself or your family

Get help for someone else

707 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90017

 (213) 225-6581

HUD resources for California residents

Go Section 8 ( Affordable housing listings

SHARE Collaborative Housing for People with Disabilities

Supplemental Food and Meals (Koreatown Tenants Union advocates for culturally relevant foods for low-income BIPOC)

Wilshire Presbyterian Church

near W 3rd St,  Western Ave

300 S Western Ave, Los Angeles, CA – 90020

 (213) 387-5387 Food bank on Monday mornings

 Pastor Sam 

LA Regional Food Bank: Runs a food bank network across the LA area. Call (323) 234-3030 for more information. 

If You Need Meals. St. Vincent Meals on Wheels: Serves anyone in need that lives within our service area, regardless of age, race, illness, disability, religion or ability to pay. All of our clients are homebound—confined to their homes because they are unable to shop or cook for themselves. Contact (213) 484-7775 between 8 AM and 4 PM or visit

Project Angel Food: If you, a loved one, or someone you know has been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness and are unable to independently access healthy food, they can deliver meals (7) to a client one day per week, Monday through Friday. You must enroll through the application process and interview for meals to be confirmed. Contact (323) 845 -1810 or email 

Project Angel Food Client Application: English, Spanish

Urban Partners LA: Provides food (produce) pickup only.  Call (213) 401-1191 or email 2936 W 8th St, Los Angeles, CA 90005

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): A federally-funded program you may access by calling the State Hotline at 877-847-FOOD (3663). CalFresh helps California seniors 60+ buy healthy food at the grocery store. Individuals receiving CalFresh benefits will be able to order at-home delivery of groceries through their Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card at Walmart and Amazon. However, the CalFresh benefits will only cover the cost of the food being ordered, not delivery.

County Free Grocery Delivery Service: Items may be delivered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is no delivery cost to the client. No application process is required, but items must be prepaid and ready for pickup. Deliveries may be scheduled by calling 1-888-863-7411 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays.

Southeast Communities Corps – Provides food at the site at 2965 E. Gage, Huntington Park, CA 90255 on Mon, Weds, Fri – 9am-4pm. Call (323) 587-4221. 

San Fernando Valley Corps – Provides food at the site at 14917 Victory Boulevard, Van Nuys, CA 91411 on Mon, Weds, Fri – 9am-4pm, Tues & Thurs: 9-12pm. Call (818) 781-5739.

EAST LA Corps – Provides food at the site at 140 N Eastman Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90063 on Mon, Weds, Fri – 9am-4pm. Call (323) 263-7577. 

LA Korean Corps – Provides food at the site at 933 S. Hoover Street, Los Angeles, CA 90006 on Mon, Weds, Fri – 9am-4pm.. Call (213) 480-0714, ext. 4

Income and Job Training

Do you have disabilities? Do you need in-home care? Do you provide in-home care for a relative with disabilities? Care providers can get paid through LA County. People who need in-home care can request service and that a relative provide the service.

Youth at Work Program

Youth Summer Job Program

Los Angeles City Senior Job Training Program (waitlist) http

Los Angeles County Senior Job Training s://